Thursday, October 22, 2009

NO PRESSURE Christmas Classes for you!

Good morning everyone!

As I have had so many lovely people asking about Christmas Card Classes, I have decided that I’ll hold two classes next month. The details are below.

If these dates don’t suit then please give me a call, as I am also available for classes on other dates, so if you would like to get together a small group (or a larger one!) then I’m happy to come to you at a time that suits us both. Details for this NO PRESSURE Christmas Class are the same as below, with a minimum of six people attending. I’m happy to come to your place, (there may be a small charge for mileage depending on where you live), or I can host it at mine.

DETAILS :

Thursday 12th November and Wednesday 25th November 7.30pm.
We will make 9 cards – 3 each of 3 designs.
Cost $20 per person
Phone me on 06 7533736 / 027 3711420 or email
o2bstampin@hotmail.com to register.

Oh, you may be wondering about the NO PRESSURE part of these classes… I know some people are intimidated by pushy sales-people at events such as these trying to sell them a whole heap of things that they never end up using – well, I’ll guarantee you that this won’t happen at my classes! I’m no longer selling any stamping products (except cardstock by the piece if you need some) so there will be no need to worry that you’ll end up walking out with a huge bill! $20 is all you’ll need to bring.

Here’s one of my Christmas Cards that was inspired by the lovely
Sarah Klass. Thanks Sarah – I just love your style!

PA210023

Enjoy your day – it’s pouring here, so I cancelled everything for the day, and am enjoying a day at home.

Michelle

DELISH COOKIES :
Oh, I’ve been baking lots recently (funny that!), and have a wonderful recipe to share with you all – keep reading if you’re interested in a great biscuit recipe that makes a whole heap of biscuits, and even a Non-Biscuit-Baker like me can make successfully!

These cookies are called the $250 Urban Legend Chocolate Chip Cookies – this IS a legend, with no truth what-so-ever behind the emails that are circulated on a regular basis, but the cookie recipe is delicious anyway, and the story kinda makes the cookies taste ever so slightly better, I’m sure!!

1 cup butter
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 1/2 cups oatmeal or muesli
350g chocolate chips
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla

Blend the oatmeal (I used old muesli that no-one would eat, as it had gone a little stale, and it was perfect) in a food processor until it is a powder. Cream the butter and both lots of sugar. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Roll into balls and cook at 190 degrees for 6-8 minutes. Deeeelish while still warm, but still a fabulous cookie for days after – if they last that long!

The ingredients listed are halved from the original recipe, as this makes heaps anyway. These cookies freeze well.

Enjoy, and don’t eat them all yourself before the kids come home from school…

Here is the Urban Legend in full detail

1 comment:

Vicki Were said...

These Biscuits are great :-) I've been making them for years now......... but my recipe has nuts in them - I use hazelnuts and they are yummy. Be warned though they should have a daily limit put on them as they are packed with rolled oats :-)