Thursday, April 24, 2008

Mothers Day/Fathers Day Class

Good evening everyone!   Thanks to all those ladies who came and stamped at my place last night.  I can tell you, a LARGE amount of chocolate was eaten by ... some of the ladies!  LOL.   Mothers Day class 001So good to be amongst friends who share the same addictions as yourself huh?   Anyway, here are two of the cards we made last night.  Both are case'd - the first was a swap from convention, and was made by Susanne Collins.  Sorry Susanne, I'm not even sure if you are a NZ or Australian demo, but thanks for your inspiration!   Can you see how I made the yellow brackets??  I used the round tab punch, which we were shown at convention also.   Very simple to do - one day I might even post a small tutorial on how to do it, if you ask nicely that is!

Recipe : Stamp Sets : Summer by the Sea, Natural Beauty, Occasional Greetings, Canvas Background.  Ink : Close to Cocoa, Basic Black, Ruby Red, Summer Sun.   Card : Mellow Moss, Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Summer Sun, Ruby Red.  Accessories : Circle template (homemade), aqua painter, sponges, round tab punch.

Mothers Day class 002

 

 

This one is an idea from "tx stamper" on Splitcoast Stampers.   It is using the Retiform Technique, which I think freaked out some of the big chocolate-eating girls in the class - NO, I don't mean the girls are big, just their chocolate-eating habits...  Anyway, I think that at the end everyone was most impressed with what they had done, and the cards looked great!  Well done to you all.

Recipe : Stamp sets : Bareback, Occasional Greetings.  Ink : Basic Black, Close to Cocoa, Old Olive, Not Quite Navy, Creamy Caramel.  Card : Always Artichoke, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Not Quite Navy.   Accessories : Designer Label Punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, small oval punch, Close to Cocoa 1/4" Grosgrain ribbon, sponges, Versamark, White EP. 

Enjoy your night!

Michelle

 

1 comment:

Sarah said...

These are both very nice! I still have never used my Summer by the Sea set.. BAD BAD! Thanks for sharing!