Friday, September 5, 2008

See you at the show~!

I've been setting up today at Pukekura Raceway Function Centre for the Horticultural Society Show that is happening THIS WEEKEND!   Come by and see us, and all the fabulous other displays there - times are 12.30pm-4.00pm Saturday, and 9.30am-4.00pm Sunday.   There's a prize draw for a Stampin' Up! goodie package, plus we will be doing a demonstration every hour on the hour.

Love to see you there!

P9050280

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Suddenly, I thought I wouldn't be able to post a card today, as all my cards are up with the display, but I found one!  This one is called a Split Negative, and we made it at the Technique Class last weekend.  It was possibly the simplest card to make, but it really is quite effective.  I first saw this technique on Sharlene's blog ages ago, and finally got around to having a go at it myself.   And no, before you ask, my brads are not crooked - it's an optical illusion.  Your eyes are playing tricks on you, as I'm really really good at putting my brads on straight!  LOL - NOT!

RECIPE : Stampsets : Lovely As A Tree.  Cardstock/Ink : Really Rust, Basic Black, Whisper White.  Accessories : Versamark, White EP, Black EP, Brads & Heat Gun.

Have a wonderful weekend - hope to post something for you tomorrow, but we'll just wait and see how exhausted I am after the day!

Michelle

5 comments:

Latisha said...

So pretty
I love how these turn out, such a fun technique

Chris said...

this is very pretty!! have to try this...

kareN stampZ said...

Very cool card

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty! I'm using this technique for my next stamp club.

Alyssa said...

THAT IS TOO COOL!