Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Happy Mental Health Day.

So some days, you just need a laugh to start the day, as there isn't much else to laugh at, so here's one for all those women who heaved a sigh of relief when their darling cherubs walked out the door to go to school this morning, or who walked with 16 children on the Walking School Bus to school, all the way yelling "keep up with the person in front of you."   "Stay off the road"   "Don't lay down on the footpath where other people are trying to get past" and "If you don't stop sulking, I'll leave you here on the side of the road"  (the latter was one of my cherubs!)

 

Ralph and Edna were both patients in a mental hospital. One day while they were walking past the hospital swimming pool. Ralph suddenly jumped into the deep end. He sank to the bottom of the pool and stayed there.    Edna promptly jumped in to save him. She swam to the bottom and pulled him out.  When the Head Nurse Director became aware of Edna's heroic act she  immediately ordered her to be discharged from the hospital, as she now considered her to be mentally stable. When she went to tell Edna the news she said, "Edna, I have good news and bad news. The good news is you're being discharged, since you were able to rationally respond to a crisis by jumping in and saving the life of the person you love. I have concluded that your act displays sound mindedness. The bad news is, Ralph hung himself in the bathroom with his bathrobe belt right after you saved him. I am so sorry, but he's dead."   Edna replied, "He didn't hang himself, I put him there to dry.   How soon  can I go home?" 


Happy Mental Health day!

 

Ok, so once I stopped laughing, I thought I'd better find something to post today, instead of just rambling, so here it is!   (FOUND THE CAMERA!)  This layout was inspired by a page that TONI created, then once again, someone else changed it just a little, then someone else did second page for a double page layout, then I recreated it with my own colours & DSP.  LOVE it! 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

RECIPE : Purely Pomegranate, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White & River Rock ink & cardstock.  Holiday Harmony DSP, Oval Punches, Double Stitched Ribbon, Pretties Kit, Corner Rounder, Lovely labels, French Flair & Baroque Motifs stamp sets

Enjoy your day!

Michelle

No comments: