Wednesday, February 6, 2008

CRAYON RESIST

Well Hello again!  So soon, I hear you saying.  Yes, that's because my DH is not feeling at all well (due to eating the salmon steak I left him for dinner last night that he ate at afternoon tea time today) and my eldest was not hungry, due to an exciting day out with his Nan, and Middle Son is asleep in the car, after I've exhausted him with a day at the beach, and Youngest son is happily playing with the lego.  So - dinner for me is a cobb of beautiful corn, which is all devoured & cleaned up, and onto stamping!

I was speaking to Kim today, and she asked me about the spectrum pads - the multicoloured ink pads.  Now I've bought two of these, and only used one of them once.  I don't know why - I love the look of them, but I've got stuck in a rut with inks, and tonight I broke out!

Friendship Blooms 001

Stamp Set : Friendship Blooms - Sale-A-Bration Set!

Ink Pad : Pumpkin Patch Spectrum Pad

Cardstock : Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Glossy White, Old Olive, Ruby Red

The technique used here is crayon resist - where I have stamped onto the glossy white cardstock with black staz-on ink (which really does STAY ON - good for slippery surfaces such as glass, glossy cardstock, acetate etc), then I went over a few parts of the stamped image with a light coloured crayon.  Then I used the brayer with the spectrum pad and rolled on the colour.  When the ink is dried, I used a tissue to rub off the crayon, which creates the white outlines around the flowers.  I know - don't tell me - I missed one flower.  Easy to do when you are using a white crayon, as you can't really see where you've been!

Anyway - I'm really happy with the card - quick, easy & lots of fun to make!  That's Me!

Don't forget - I have two technique classes coming up on Saturday 29th, or Sunday 30th March where we will be learning 10 techniques, such as this, and making full cards for each technique.  If you've missed my class details or wish to register for the technique class, please feel free to email me said@xtra.co.nz, and check out what else is going on!  

Michelle

 

1 comment:

Chris said...

nice card!! i have never tried the crayon resisit...have to try it real soon!!