Sunday, May 17, 2009

Convention Highlights – this time!

Good afternoon!   Now I have a few more minutes, I thought you might like to see another of the projects I showed at Convention which is also now available for you to purchase as a kit for just $15 including postage (NZ ONLY).   It is the Guylian Gift Box, which contains a box of Guylian Chocolates (no these are not included in your kit as it increases the postage to much!), and two gift tags and two 3”x3” cards in an adorable divided box with an acetate window.  

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

clip_image002

Here’s a shot of the girls before we went on stage for our Workshop WOW presentations - Nicky Tidbold, Ngaire Anderson, Me, The vivacious Shannon West from Stampin’ Up! Utah, and the delightful Shelli Gardener.   

Convention Photos

And me doin’ my thing on stage.  I look pretty calm here – looks can be SOOO deceiving!  I’m sure the cameraman could hear my heart thumping!   After I told everyone that I was imagining them in their underwear I was very aware of the man very close beside me filming… I had to reassure him that I wasn’t meaning him!   In this photo, at least I have my apron the right way on.  I put it on in front of Nicky & Ngaire, and as I was tying the back up Nicky started laughing her head off, and managed to say “you might want to put your apron on the other way!”.  I had it inside out – you can only imagine the giggling that went on – imagine if I had gone on stage with it inside-out and the Stampin’ Up! logo in reverse … how embarrassing!!

Now I have to show you a photo of a fabulous card that my son Blake made for me this afternoon – without any help from me I might add. 

P5170063

Isn’t it just gorgeous??  All the boys sat down this afternoon and played with my things that were still scattered right across the table from yesterday’s class with school children.  We made a scrapbook in a box, and the kids all did such an amazing job.  Every one of them were very different, but each one was fabulous.  Such creative kids – it’s amazing what happens when you give children a little bit of card, some cut-out or punched out images and a little guidance.   I do need to tell you that this week we are going to be offering our Creative Kids classes out to the schools, so if you want to book a space for your child, make sure you phone me asap (we have already had a great amount of kids registered). 

That’s all for today I think – I have a wonderfully quietish week for Stampin’,  so I’m really hoping to get on top of my …. office!  Grrrr.  The source of much frustration for me!   Think I might re-arrange everything.  That way it forces me to pull everything apart and really sort out things.  Maybe…!  

Have a wonderful Sunday (YAY – Gray’s & Private Practice!!!) night.

Thanks for stopping by!

Michelle

2 comments:

Creative AddINKtion said...

Hey Michelle
Great picture of you on stage, you were great and totally looked the part lol, who would have given advice to you about thinking about the crowd in their underwear? Wouldn't listen to them again in a hurry.RRL

Rel Squire said...

Hi Michelle, wow what an amazing card that Blake did, love that set and he has done such an awesome job of the colour card chosen and layout and ribbon. Wow you certainly have a very talented young man there - following in his mum's footsteps!! Love Rel