Thursday, May 7, 2009

A yummy healthy treat – sort of!

Good evening everyone!   I finally got around to making something tonight – seems I’ve spent about two days shuffling papers, mail & washing, so tonight it was          COLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         REATE time, and it was fun!

 

This little cutie cylinder was demonstrated by the very talented Shelli Gardener, co-founder of Stampin’ Up!, and a beautiful lady who inspired and excited all of us at convention.   Shelli is not only a very talented business-woman, but a gifted stamper and communicator, and one of the loveliest people you are ever likely to meet.  She was incredibly down-to-earth with her stamping, and had us hanging on her every word so we didn’t miss a thing.    One of Shelli’s projects was a cute treat cylinder which I had attempted in the past, and ended up after many hours frustration throwing away as “impossible” to make the ends fit, no matter how I tried.  Well – along comes Shelli, and shows us how to create this using our scallop punch as the base, folding up the little scallops so they can attach to the outside edge of the cylinder, then covering that with DSP, just as I’ve done in this sample.  How simple!!  I filled my cylinder with (what’s left of) the chocolate coated sunflower seeds, which are incredibly good for you – that is if you don’t think about the chocolate coating, which is really all you can taste, as the sunflower seeds are about 10% of the make-up of the candy.  LOL – but I’m going to stick with “healthy”, because it makes me feel better!

A big “HELLO” to  Louise, Claire, Jacqui, Jo, Keryn, Linz, Joanne, Rel, Sujata and many more  - Thank you for congratulations and hugs.  Stampin’ Up! certainly seems to attract the nicest people!   Another HUGE HELLO to Joviann, who is meeting me for coffee sometime SOON.   

I’m looking forward to seeing a whole lot of you at some of my classes & events that are coming up – it’s been a while since I had classes, so I’m really looking forward to starting them off again this Saturday with a group of 9 & 10yr olds from Frankley School – this should be a fun class.  I’ll be sure to show you some of our projects. 

Don’t forget Mother’s Day on Sunday – I won’t be posting my card until Sunday – because my Darling Mother will be peeping – HI MUM!  

Thought I’d share a couple of photos from convention with you.  PLEASE IGNORE the big stain on the front of my dress…  I thought I’d cleaned the butter off that fell all over me during dinner, but from the photos, obviously NOT!  Shame…  Never mind!

  NZ Group

 

 

 

P5020047

 

 

 

 

P5020045

 

 

    P5020042

   

 

We have some of the NZ girls in the top picture with Shelli (third from left);  P5020067 Sharlene & I; Karen & I (my blogging friend – HI KAREN); Cherie, myself & Angela;  Angela, myself & Helen (post-dinner – STAINED dress!), and finally a group photo of our table, which includes Megan & Beth, and the offending butter shown ON my dress.  Hmmm….

P5020043 Did I mention that I will have some very very exciting news to share with you all next week???   I can hardly wait – it’s going to be amazing!!

Have a fabulous night!

Michelle

4 comments:

kareN stampZ said...

Great cylinder - lovely to meet you in the flesh & you were a very inspiring WOW presenter. I think my Pete is still talking about your red dress!

Keesh said...

OH you can't tease us like that Michelle......what is this 'exciting news?"!!! Love your Convention photos! Take care,
Love Keesh x

Jo-Anne said...

Great cylinder. The Items in the middle add great colour.Hope you didn't sneak any.
Thanks for advertising my blogg. I'll be keeping an eye on your blogg for the new items and NEWs coming thru.
What a kind person you are. Thanks

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle
I've just discovered your terrific blog! It was great meeting you at convention Michelle, and I'm now looking forward to catching up with you (and your lovely sister) again in Noosa - how exciting!
Love Ngaire