Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Thoughts & Prayers Swap

Hello! What a week… I’m very much OVER the drama that goes on sometimes, and am ready for a nice quiet end of the week. Yeah Right!! This morning we went out to very chilly Inglewood (mind you, it’s freezing in New Plymouth as well!) and had our M&M’s meeting at Toni's. It was sooo lovely to be inside with the fire going, and a real shock to go back outside! Our swap challenge this month was to use a new technique or fold, or anything new that you’ve just learnt, so I took the opportunity to use this very cool idea that Marelle Taylor showed us at convention

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

If you’re going “WHAT…. new technique???”, then look closely at the glitter strip I have done – its done using sticky strip and then sprinkling our Super Nova Glitter over it. VERY easy, and it sure does sparkle! I borrowed this set from Sharlene, as I haven’t yet purchased it, and I must admit that I really like it. Lovely to colour with markers, and such beautiful words. supplies logo for blog

Stamp Sets : Boho Backgrounds, Thoughts & Prayers. Cardstock/Ink : Elegant Eggplant, Rose Red, Whisper White. Accessories : Markers (Old Olive & Elegant Eggplant), 1 3/8” circle punch, Designer Label Punch, Super Nova Glitter, Sticky Strip, Paper Piercer, Mat Pack, Cutter Kit, Sponges.

Last night I travelled to Opunake with a group of ladies to play squash (and it was FREEZING there as well!), and I gave them a little gift to say “sorry” for a little mistake on my part… The week that I was in Australia for Convention, I made a mistake on the squash roster, and sent the ladies to a club that was about 50 minutes travel, instead of telling them that we were playing at our own club that night. Oops! I felt so bad, but the ladies were all so gracious about it – even laughing about it. How kind! So I made them a little bag of rocky road as a little gift. Looking at it now, I’m kinda wishing that I had doubled the recipe and made some more… I’m drooling over this picture!! If you want a real simple & very yummy recipe for rocky road, then here it is, courtesy of Cherie!

P5190064

CHERIE’S ROCKY ROAD

400g Chocolate Melts, 50g butter (melted together in microwave). Stir in about a bag of marshmallows (chopped), and 3/4 bag of Homebrand Raspberries (cut in half) and a couple of handfuls of cornflakes. Pour into square tin to set.

You can also add peanuts. YUM!!

Enjoy your night, and I hope you’re warm where you are!

Michelle

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great and really like that look with the sticky strip and glitter!

Anonymous said...

Love the glitter strip, so effective. Thanks for the rocky road recipe am going to try it tonite as it is our big boy's favourite and he comes home tonite from OZ, so will be something special for him, hopefully we will get some too...!!Thanks Rel