Thursday, May 14, 2009

Don’t you just love it when..

A plan comes together??  Or a card at least!  Today is the first of two Upsy Daisy classes, where we’ll be making 5 cards using this wonderful little set!   As this week has had a definite lack of relaxed cardmaking time, I turned to the catalogue for some inspiration to get me started, and this is what I found.  I thought this card was a stunning example of putting the right colours, a bit of DSP and one of our gorgeous stamp sets together and coming up with a fabulous simple card!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

supplies logo for blogStamp sets : Upsy Daisy, Frames with a Flourish.  Cardstock/Ink : Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy, Whisper White.  DSP Baja Breeze Patterns.  Accessories : Versamark, Clear EP, Paper Snips

I colour embossed the flowers by first stamping my stamp into versamark, then immediately into Not Quite Navy ink and clear embossing the image, which produces a lovely shiny image. 

I still have some spaces left in both tonight’s and tomorrow’s classes, so if you want to come along and have some fun, give me a call today.   A big thank you to JACQUI, who first made me aware of the Frames with a Flourish stamp set, that I had overlooked, then convinced me to purchase it after she had made some gorgeous creations with it!  Thanks!!

Enjoy your day, and thank you so much to all you lovely people who sent lovely wishes for Mason’s quick recovery.  THIS is what I love about Stampin’ Up! (along with many other things of course) – the lovely people who you meet who quickly become good friends, and are just so darn nice.  Thanks!

An apology to those who are waiting for their kits so patiently – I WILL get on top of them this week, and they’ll be in the post to you asap.  Thanks so much for your understanding!

Michelle

1 comment:

Keryn Campbell said...

Baja Breeze and Not Quite Navy look gorgoues together. It's great that you're getting to card make for fun and that the business isn't taking over.