Saturday, May 9, 2009

Raspberry Suite Colour Challenge

clip_image001

So… a first for me – completing a challenge with Raspberry Suite.  I simply couldn’t resist these gorgeous colours, as I’m particularly into GRAY at the moment – as the girls who I shopped with in Canberra & Melbourne will tell you.  Half of the clothes (in fact, OVER half) I bought were gray.  Hmmm – only ever had two gray things before in my wardrobe, so this is interesting!  ANYWAY  (and BTW, I STILL have to get some gray shoes – I did buy a couple (OK, FIVE!) pairs of shoes, but no gray ones.)  In fact, I have never been into more than 40 shoe shops and only bought 5 pairs of shoes – all the heels were incredibly high, and I could just see me breaking more than a nail when I tripped over, as I would, wearing these sensational creations…. ANYWAY….!   Here’s my entry for the Raspberry Suite Colour Challenge this week.  DON’T ask what I’m hiding under the ribbon at the bottom, because even I nearly squealed when I had added the embellishment that is safely tucked under layers of sticky strip – sometimes even I wonder what I’m thinking!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

supplies logo for blog

Stamp Sets : Priceless, Occasional Greetings, Bloomin’ With Beauty.  Cardstock/Ink : Basic Gray, Whisper White, Pixie Pink, Pretty in Pink.  Accessories : Dimensionals, Pink Taffeta Ribbon, 3/4” circle punch for notched corners, markers, aqua painter, versamark, clear EP.

This is a card that my lovely friend & downline Cherie very kindly taught me how to make, and even dropped over a template, just to make sure I “got it” – Thank you!!!  It’s called a Mountain Fold card, and we’ll be making one of these (obviously not a Mother’s Day one") at my Stamp Clubs this week.

Hopefully my Mum won’t be checking out my blog tonight – we’re getting together for lunch tomorrow, which will be really nice.

Just wanted to update you about my association with UStamp, as I’ve had a lot of questions asked.  I have chosen not to continue being on the UStamp Dream Team.  It was an honour to be asked, and a huge learning curve for me doing the last round of UStamp.  I’m sure there will be another NZ Dream Team Member joining the UStamp Team soon, and in the mean time, Makeesha is sure to keep you all on the edge of your seats with her projects for the current round.  Thanks for your concern!

Have a wonderful, wonderful night – I’m now off to read my book.  YAY!    To all the Mother’s reading – take a moment to congratulate yourselves on the amazing job you do.  The most under-valued, underpaid & overworked job I know – but also the most rewarding, without a doubt.   Our children are such a blessing, and some days it’s easy to overlook that, as we pick up the scooters left on the driveway, the half-eaten apples left by the television, and ask for the 101st time today “who’s cup is this left on the bench”, but really, we are so fortunate to have them, and I wish to acknowledge my own Mum, who has been such a huge part of making me into the person that I am today.  Thanks Mum – you’re such an amazing woman & Mother, and I thank you for what you have instilled in me, and for the values that I am now attempting to pass onto my own children. 

I love you Mum!

DSC01614[1]

 

Goodnight!

Michelle

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

My three little blessings – this is my all-time favourite photo of them!

Three Boys

7 comments:

Rel said...

What a beautiful picture of your three gorgeous boys. You and Said should be so very proud, they are such lovely boys, each and every one of them, they have lovely bright personalities and are so friendly when I visit your home, and have the greatest manners. Enjoy your day tomorrow and am sure you will get spoilt too.

Courtney Baker said...

I'm with you I LOVE gray now too. Super cute card.

Terri Trotter Earley said...

What an interesting fold on your card. Great job on the color challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Mara Campbell said...

That is one gorgeous card! I love the flowers, such a pretty touch!!

Keryn Campbell said...

I love surprise cards like your mountain fold one.

Gorgeous photo of your boys. How ever did you get them to all smile so nicely at the same time.

Kathryn said...

What a BEAUTIFUL card -- so fabulous!!


Your children and your Mum are BEAUTIFUL!

Kitty said...

Wow, beautiful card! So much detail. Great job on it.